Used where an uncoloured, industrial grade hydrous alcohol is required. Ethanol M95WP is a water white, primary, aliphatic alcohol, with a mild non-residual odour and it is miscible with most hydrocarbon solvents & chemicals, and completely miscible with water. It is used as a solvent for both synthetic and natural resins, printing inks and in the manufacture of lacquers, varnishes and cleaning compounds. Its mild odour makes it ideal for use in the manufacture of perfumes, hair products and pharmaceuticals. Generally referred to as being 95% Ethanol Without Paradine. Widely used fuel for Ethanol Fires.
Ethanol Denatured SDA3A
- Denatured with Methanol
- Cleans surfaces & glass, sterilises medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- A concentration of >60% Ethanol is antibacterial.
- As it is denatured with a bittering agent and not Methanol or TBA, Ethanol SDA3A is an ideal Ethanol fuel for Ethanol fires including Cocoon Fires, EcoSmart Fires, Eco Fires, Blu box Fireplaces. Note use Zethanol for Aura Fires (Planika and Chantico).
- Bio-Ethanol fuel for fires.
Typical industrial applications include:
Surface Coatings: Widely used in the surface coating industry as a solvent suitable for synthetic resins such as polyvinyl acetate. It is commonly used in the manufacture of nitrocellulose lacquers, vinyl resin solutions and phenolic laminating varnishes. It is often used in combination with aromatic hydrocarbons, esters, and ketones.
Printing Inks: Used as a solvent or co-solvent in the manufacture of both rotogravure and flexographic printing inks.
Personal Care Products: Used because of its low toxicity and moderate volatility. It is an ideal base solvent in the manufacture of personal care products where a minor water content is not undesirable.
Other miscellaneous applications include: Biological preservative, Sterilising medical and dental instruments, Manufacture of adhesive labels and Manufacture of cleaning compounds.
- Ethanol M95WP is not a “potable” spirit as it includes a denaturant.
- Ideal Ethanol Fuel for Ecosmart Fires (Real Fires), Fuel for Blubox Fireplaces (Blue Box Fireplace), Fuel for Eco Fires.
Note: use Zethanol as a Fuel for Aura Fires (Planika and Chantico). Zethanol has a lower odour and a brighter flame.
- Can be used as Bio ethanol fuel for fires and is sometimes referred to as Burning Ethanol.
- For Pure Ethanol ie Ethanol with a lower water content see SDA Anhydrous Ethanol MS99WP (note this product is still denatured and not drinkable)
- For making Bio Ethanol, Bio Fuel, Bio Diesel, and other Ethanol Automotive Fuels. These are formulated using Ethanol grades like SDA, AMS, Anhydrous Ethanol, MS99WP, or Anhydrous Methylated Spirits as additives. These are generally used because of their lower water content..
- Use SDA AMS MS99WP in applications where the presence of water is undesirable.
Note we are also bulk Ethanol suppliers in New Zealand.
Industrial customers who buy Ethanol are advised to download and read the Material Safety Data Sheet below.