Lighting – Cooking and Heating – Metal Cleaner – Workshop Degreaser – Rapidly evaporating clean burning fuel used for camp stoves, blow lamps, mining lamps & cigarette lighter fluid. Removes adhesives. Cleans grease & oil off metal surfaces. Brake cleaner. Used in metal cleaning and degreasing of engines & machinery.
Fuelite is a water white, medium cut, aliphatic petroleum solvent and fuel containing approximately 90% saturated hydrocarbons in the range C5-C10, and 10% napthenes and substituted monoaromatics in the range C6-C10. It is a relatively fast evaporating, non-corrosive and chemically stable hydrocarbon solvent with a mild odour and very low aromatic content.
Fuelite Common Uses
- Lighting, cooking and heating Fuel.
- Metal cleaner.
- Workshop degreaser.
- Clean burning fuel used for camp stoves, blow lamps, mining lamps
- Cleans grease & oil off metal surfaces.
- Brake cleaner.
- Used in metal cleaning and degreasing of engines & machinery.
- Spot cleaning solvent
- Cigarette lighter fluid
- Rubber Industry: Fuelite is rubber solvent in tyre building adhesives and as an “activator” of uncured rubber surfaces in the tyre building process.
- Surface Coatings Industry: Fuelite may be used in fast drying alkyd paints such as road-marking paints.
- Used in combination with oxygenated solvents for nitrocellulose lacquer formulations and thinners, as a partial or total replacement for toluene.
- Textile Industry: Used in the preparation of fast drying printing inks for textiles.
- Adhesives: For many adhesive formulations where quick evaporation and volatility are desired.
- Used in blanket wash formulations to increase the evaporation time without reducing the solvency.
- Ingredient in tyre shine products because of its solvency, quick evaporation, very low aromatic content and mild odour.
- It is also commonly used as a substitute for hexane where a lower cost solvent is required with comparable solvency and volatility characteristics.
- Commonly and Incorrectly referred to as White Spirits.
- Fuelite sometimes referred to as Pegasol AA, Pegasol 1425 or X55.
- Used as a common safer replacement to some industrial Brake Cleaners.
- Fuelite has a low octane number (65) and is therefore not recommended for use in internal combustion engines.
Note we are also bulk Fuelite suppliers in New Zealand.
Industrial customers who buy Fuelite are advised to download and read the Material Safety Data Sheet below.